The long story short is that I’ve been on a multi-month hiatus jetting around the world and then settling in the south. To be precise, Charlotte, North Carolina. Yes, this is the same Christina that was ranting about being stuck in Pittsburgh for years and whining about not being in New York non-stop. What changed? Nothing really… I got a job that took me here. Surprisingly I’ve found some wonderful little niches that are quintessentially southern and some that are slightly reminiscent of the north that I miss so much.
So what has happened since my last (real) blog post and now?
- Graduated (amen). I ran a half marathon while part of my graduation went on. Weird.
- Moved back to New York and out of Pittsburgh.
- Turned 22.
- Flew to California to ride horses, enjoy the views, and drink wine.
- Flew to New York.
- Flew to Charlotte, NC to have the worst experience of my life trying to find a place to live.
- Flew to New York, ate some good food.
- Flew to Frankfurt for a 12 hour layover.
- Flew to Bangkok for a couple hours.
- Flew to Malaysia where I toured around, drove up to Penang, drove down to KL, ran a half marathon and packed up and did steps 10 and 9 in reverse.
- Packed my stuff to move to Charlotte.
- Flew to Seattle for my first day on the job. Of course it wasn’t a direct flight.
- Flew to Denver.
- Flew to Charlotte.
Right, so I’m in Charlotte now. I few to a couple other places in between step 15 and where I am now, but really, you don’t need to know. It’s too much flying and I have of course neglected to bring my camera on any of these trips.
I lie, I borrowed one in Malaysia that DID NOT LET ME TAKE THE TIME STAMP OFF. Seriously, it’s the most irritating thing ever. So here are some time stamped photos of my journey. 🙂
There should eventually be more to come… Of course in a completely nonsensical, nonlinear format. Also, what’s with my life being all about food?